Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sunday 1/20/08

I woke with an urge to get organized. It must have been the added energy I feel from the dieting and exercise. I had some microwave eggs for breakfast. Worked in my office to clean up and file bills etc. Lunch was pita sandwich and no chips this time. Sunday evening was baked Turkey breast with califlour mash and green beans. I like the fresh green beans sauteed in a pan with olive oil, salt, pepper, and add garlic near the end. I like them crunchy, but my wife wants them mushier.

I also replicated a recipe on saw on Food TV. It was a pear and yogurt desert. I took many pears and cut them into quarters, remove the seed core and stems. Mix up balsamic vinegar and sugar with salt and pepper to make a syrup. I know, sugar.... I used the splenda half sugar thing which cut down on the intake by 50% or so. Pour the syrup over the pear wedges and toss them. Place in a bowl or glass and top with a scoop of non-fat plain yogurt. You could use a non-fat sour cream too.

No workout. I was watching Playoff Football. Pats won... surprise surprise. And the Giants beat the Packers. I can't believe it. I was laughing at how Tynes (former Chief kicker... and we have our history with kickers) missed a FG during the game then missed a game winner with 4 seconds left (shanked it) to send the game into overtime. In overtime after a Favre interception (he is mortal), Tynes got another chance and nailed a 47yd'er to win it for the Giants.

No comments: