Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thursday 12/27/07 Week 2

The Christmas Holiday has put a damper on low carb eating. Saturday breakfast and lunch were fine, but Saturday night was the yearly Guinty Festivus party. Snacks, dips, foods, beverages to honor the most powerful of kings were consumed.

It snowed Saturday night which meant that Sunday morning we went sledding. Sunday breakfast was good, but lunch was pizza at the local FunHouse pizza. Excellent pizza by the way. My legs got a workout climbing the sled hill at least a dozen times. No weights on this day. I forgot what I had for Sunday dinner. Must have been leftover salmon.

Monday (Xmas eve). Breakfast fine, but for 2pm dinner at my mom's was chicken tetrazzini. I avoided bread though. Had some aptly named pound cake. Monday evening dinner was a buffet of hot dogs and egg sandwiches at my moms. We played games and munched into the evening. I won the poker game on my nephews blunder. He went "all in" with what he thought to be a straight. But, the straight started with a queen and ended with a 3. Sorry Cody. That evennig, I poppped open my homemade beer and it was amazing. It was bottled on Dec 15th and has had time to carbonate somewhat. Workout A on this day. Good workout. The 3 sets of planks at 60 seconds were effective. I felt it tuesday.

Tuesday Christmas. Breakfast good. Christmas dinner was standing rib roast with many fixin's. I focused on the beef, green beans, and salad. As for sticking to the diet, this was pretty good. Dinner was leftover salmon while the kids played nerf guns. For my workout, I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 4 sets of curls.

Wednesday we trekked down to Sedalia to visit the grandparents. Breakfast was a powerbar while I built my shelves in the basement. Lunch was a double cheeseburger and McChicken from the $1 menu at McDonalds. No good for the diet. Snuck cookies at Grandma's. Dinner was tomato soup, salmon and spinach. Pretty decent. No workout.

Today: I will do workout B and eat well. I may update the blog later.

No comments: